Within our school, Year 4 - 7 pupils have the opportunity to apply to be a Digital Leader for their class. Pupils apply for the role, which are reviewed by their class teacher. Successful candidates meet with monthly with Mr Strickland who leads our Digital Leaders.
Digital Leaders Mission Statement
We will always be respectful positive learners and follows the school's values and Golden Rules. We promise to treat everyone in the school equally and help when needed.
Digital Leaders are pupil monitors for the technology that is used in the school. They are pupils who are interested and enthusiastic about all aspects of ICT.
Digital Leaders meet with the Using ICT coordinator once a month. Pupils who are in Year 4-7, with a true passion for ICT are eligible for the role of Digital Leader.
As a Digital Leader responsibilities include:
- helping staff get computing equipment ready and organised (charging laptops and iPads)
- trying out and reviewing new apps, websites and programs which could be used in lessons
- demonstrating how to use technology in the classroom
- assisting visitors to their classroom with any technology issues that may arise
- demonstrating how to use everyday programs (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint) and easy-to-use website to other students and staff
- demonstrating how to use apps and websites to enhance teaching and learning (Google Classroom, Seesaw, AR, Mathletics, different quiz software, use of ClassDojo).
- helping to produce and deliver assemblies about online safety and acceptable use of equipment, devices and programs (games)
- organise and judge ICT related competitions
- helping to organise Safer Internet Day
- going to ICT events
- promoting online safety and safe internet use
- any other duties as requested by the ICT Leader/Co-ordinator
Children oversee these responsilbilites within their seperate classes, and come together on the third Thursday of every month to meet and discuss, ideas and suggestions within our school.
Below you can see our Digital Leaders for this year.