Welcome to 6TS!
It’s hard to believe that we are already at half-term!
The boys and girls of 6TS have had a wonderful start to the new school year, and have completed a variety of fun, interactive and challenging learning activities. Some of the highlights include:
- In Language and Literacy, we created an author profile for Marita Conlon-McKenna, the author of our new novel, ‘Under the Hawthorn Tree’. Additionally, we wrote a descriptive passage based on our senses to describe the famine cottage.
- In Numeracy, we went on a virtual tour of Ballymoney to identify 3D shapes in our environment. We also had the opportunity to create 3D shapes using marshmallows and toothpicks to help identify their properties. In problem-solving, we worked collaboratively to apply logic and reasoning to answer questions about the times tables.
- Our World Around Us topic is called ‘Hunger’. We had the opportunity to study the artwork of J.P Rooney and create our own famine paintings using his technique.
- We have received highly enjoyable and exciting weekly P.E lessons from Ronan O’Donnell of the IFA. We always look forward to Ronan’s weekly visit!
- Our monthly value for October is ‘Kindness’. To celebrate this, we talked about Article 2 from the summary of UNICEF’s ‘UN Convention on the Rights of the Child’, listened to the ‘Kindness’ song and read the ‘Story of the Good Samaritan’ in R.E.
We hope you enjoy looking at our highlights.